If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These butter biscuits are so crispy but yet has nice crumbly texture. Addition of caraway seeds gives these biscuits a unique flavor. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 15 to 20
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat Flour
- 1/2 AP Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Caraway Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Take the dry ingredients and mix in the caraway seeds also.
- Add the butter and mix it well. Once it is mixed, add yogurt one tbsp at a time. Use only enough to knead dough.
- Once the dough is ready . Divide the dough into equal portions each about a size of a cookie.
- Place these cookies on a baking sheet and bake them at 350 F for about 10 minutes in a preheated oven. after about 8 to 10 minutes , lower the temperature of the oven to your oven's lowest temperature which should be about 200 F and cook for another few minutes until you see a nice color on them. Remove and place them on a cooling rack.
- Serve them with hot cardamom tea or once cooled off store it in an air-tight container at room temperature.