It comes from a cookbook I wrote when I practiced law, "Culinary Justice -- A Cookbook for People Who Can't Stomach Lawyers." This recipe is a variation on the recipe of one of my favorite secretaries at my former law firm, Thacher Proffitt & Wood. —kpordum
- Serves 4
frozen pasta (or regular pasta) -- penne/rigatoni/bowie
frozen bacon (or fresh bacon; or turkey bacon)
frozen butter (or fresh)
salt and pepper
- Defrost previously frozen baggie of pasta – open the baggie and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1-2 TB water to the baggie and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until it is unfrozen and hot.
- Take frozen bacon and with a sharp or serrated knife, chop horizontally into six ½” cubes.
- Over medium/high heat, melt butter in a large skillet. When butter starts to foam add bacon. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add vodka to skillet and stir over high heat until it evaporates (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low, stir in the tomato sauce until heated through.
- Stir in the cream and continue stirring until it is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the pasta to coat. Stir in parmesan and serve!