If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are so many ways you can make stuffed peppers. This is a fairly quick and easy vegetarian version I came up with using quinoa and black beans.There will be a little bit of the stuffing mixture left over that won't fit in the peppers but it's really good by itself or as leftovers. You could also use poblano peppers instead of bell peppers if desired. The possibilities are endless! —Harper's Homemade
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mexican style)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- Cut tops off of bell peppers and scoop out insides. Place in a microwavable and oven safe dish deep enough to fit peppers. Fill dish with about a cup or so of water depending on dish size (there should be about an inch of water). Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it. Microwave on high for about 5 minutes or until peppers are softened. Remove peppers from dish, discard water, and place peppers back in.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.Cook onions and garlic in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes. Mix onions, garlic, and rest of the ingredients into the cooked quinoa. Stuff each pepper with a couple spoonfuls of the mixture and top with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, jalapeno slices, and extra hot sauce if desired.