If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an Indian style of having pizza. Just a little fusion and experiment, with using leftover saag paneer or palak paneer over naan bread as base. You can make your own pizza dough or Naan dough and make this pizza. It really taste nice , but if you are craving a real pizza then this is not your style of pizza. I have tried to keep it as simple as possible by using left over Palak paneer , adding corn . Hope you like this fusion pizza. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 1.5 to 2 cups of sauce or gravy
- 3 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Tomato, boiled and skin removed
- 2 cups Onions, chopped.
- 2 to 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Ginger paste or chopped ginger about 2 inches
- 2 Green Chillies or 1 tbsp of green chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil or butter
- 1.5 teaspoons Coriander-cumin powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cubes of Paneer (cottage cheese) or you can also use ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup Corn
- 1/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Ball of Pizza Dough or Naan dough
- Clean spinach with water and boil it with just a little water for about 2 minutes just enough to remove its rawness. If you are using frozen spinach by any chance then need not follow this step. Puree the spinach leaves in a blender. Remove it in a bowl.
- Similarly, boil tomatoes either in microwave or on stove, just enough till they are soft and you can easily peel off the skin. Let it cool. Once cooled, remove the skin and puree them in a blender or food processor. Remove it in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan add the chopped onions and garlic and saute till translucent. onions need not be very small, as anyways we are going to make puree out of it. By caramelizing onions we are trying to give it a little flavor and remove its rawness. Once, cooked remove them in a blender and puree them along with garlic, green chillies and ginger. Remove it in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan , add the onion/chilli/garlic/ginger puree. Saute it for just few seconds , remember we have already sauteed onions so they don't need to cook for long time.
- After few seconds, add the pureed tomato and let it simmer for few minutes.
- After, few minutes its time to add the spices like CC powder, GM and salt and sugar.
- Add a little water if needed. Usually, I clean the blender with a little water to remove any of the pureed stuff sticking to it.
- Once, the gravy looks a little thick add the spinach puree. And, simmer it for about 5 to 10 minutes,just enough that it looks like a good sauce not too runny nor too dry. Once done, remove from heat.
- Now to turn this into pizza. Take naan dough , roll it out the size of pizza you want to serve or eat. Do not roll too thick not too thin. but, if you want you can roll it out according to your choice of thickness. I preferred medium thickness.
- Transfer the rolled dough into a pizza peel or if you do not have one then simply use parchment paper or wax paper. Using , parchment paper will help transfer it into a baking tray or pizza stone easily. Grease it with a little oil with the help of oil and spread the spinach sauce equally all over the rolled out naan.
- Take cubes of paneer and spread it equally all over. And, similarly take corn and spread it out onto pizza. I like it little hot so I had added some small red chilli sliced. But, you need not if you do not want it too be spicy.
- You can add additional toppings like a little bit of ricotta cheese it Ok, or sliced red onions, or red or yellow bell pepper for some more color and texture.
- But, try to keep it simple and not just stuff lot of toppings.
- Bake it at 450 F on a pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes or till done. I turn my baking tray half way for best results and equal cooking.
- Remove and cut into slices and serve. Serve it with some mango lassi for a twist.