If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Isn’t it funny that as children we all hated brussels sprouts? I also hated spinach and cauliflower, both of which have become favorites in my adult life. But there was just something about brussels sprouts that made kids scream. And now, I could eat them everyday. Seriously.
This recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts is so easy (like two steps easy)! Once you know how easy it is to roast any veggie and how delicious and sweet they taste, you will crave them like I do. All roasting takes is a little olive oil, some salt and pepper and veggies. Major yum.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or enough to coat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the stems of the brussels sprouts (just cut off the brownish end) and quarter each sprout by cutting it in half and then half again. Spread evenly on an unlined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tops of the sprouts and add a pinch salt and pepper and the lemon zest. Mix the brussels sprouts with your hands to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until very crispy. Immediately after removing the brussels sprouts from the oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.