If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect Sunday brunch or light meal anytime for you and someone special. Its a bit fancier than scrambled eggs and makes me want a mimosa every time I make it. The soft egg yoke running down into the baby spinach is the most heavenly dressing and the toasted garlic baguette is the perfect thing to scrape up every last drop. Enjoy! —Mlc1977
- 4 poached eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- juice of half a lemon
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2-4 pieces of baguette leftover from last night's dinner
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Prep your baby spinach, rinse and dry well. Toss it with a little olive oil, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Plate the spinach on two plates in a small bed ready for the tomato relish and eggs that you are going to put on top.
- Sauté the onion over medium heat in a little bit of olive oil just until soft. Add the tomatoes to the onions. Add the butter to the pan it will give some richness to the relish. Also add salt and pepper along with the thyme. Leave on the heat until the tomatoes are tender, about as long as it will take to poach the eggs.
- Start your eggs poaching.
- Time to get your toast going. Put the baguette in the toaster oven when it is just a little crispy remove from oven and rub the toast with the garlic clove, getting some garlic flesh and juice spread all over. Paint each slice with a little olive oil. Return to the toaster to finish browning.
- When your eggs are done pull them out of the water and be sure they are nice and dry. Put the hot tomato relish over top of the spinach, letting it wilt a little. Then put the pouched eggs on top of everything, add a little pepper and shave some Parmesan on it. Serve with the garlic toasted baguette.