Author Notes: The perfect cold refreshing meal/appetizer to eat on a warm sunny day with an ice cold beer. Can easily be made with a variety of seafood, just make sure your getting something fresh! —Wild + Whole
Serves 2 as a meal, 4 as an appetizer
- 1/2 pound Fresh white fish such as Halibut, Turbot, Sea bass, Grouper, Snapper,etc.
- 1/2 pound Small Shrimp and/or Bay Scallops.
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 8 ounces Grape/Cherry Tomatoes, quartered. Can also use Roma.
- 2-4 Jalapenos. (De-seeded if your weak).
- 1/4 cup Fresh Roasted Corn, chilled
- 2 Hass Avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Cracked Pepper to taste.
- Rinse and clean the fish. Cut into 1/2" Cubes. Peel & devein the shrimp.
- Place seafood in a large bowl and add the lime juice, orange juice, and red onion. Cover and allow to marinate for about 4 hours. The fish should be firm and opaque.
- Before serving, thoroughly drain off all the excess juices from the bowl, otherwise the dish will taste too tart.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine. Serve with plantain chips or wheat tortillas.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados