If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We eat so many sweet potato fries or roasted sweet potatoes with maple syrup during the winter, but I always forget about mashed sweet potatoes. They are probably the least effort to make, and so tasty. I always love the taste of maple with them to highlight the sweetness, and the salty prosciutto adds some crunch as well. —Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 1 very large sweet potato or 2 regular sized ones
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 maple syrup
- 1 scallion, white and green parts sliced
- 2 slices of prosciutto
- Bake the prosciutto on a baking sheet at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Bake the sweet potato at 400 degrees on a baking sheet for 40-45 minutes, or until soft. A knife should come out easily.
- Let cool a little and mash in a bowl with the butter and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with scallion and crumbled prosciutto sprinkled over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe