If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butternut Squash is a good source of dietary fiber and low in calories. This is the first time I wanted to try this squash and felt that it was was hard to cut than a melon. It was a sweet, melony, hard pulp. So needed some spice and I tried a Indian twist on this winter wonder. Since I would like to find some surprises in such a warm hardy soup. With some indian spices and some surprises whoala! Awesome Butternut Squash Soup Indian Style. It turned out very tasty and definitely won everyone's vote at home! Lets get to the recipe.
1. Healthy - You may substitute required amount of water with fat free milk and also cut down on the coconut cream.
2. Rich - You may use heavy cream instead of coconut milk.
3. Tasty - Use Coconut milk as mentioned in the recipe above!
4. You may substitute Butternut Squash with any other winter squash variety. —yMarni
- 1 teaspoon Extra Vrigin Olive oil
- 4 Fat cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 5 Shallots, medium size
- 1 Celery stem, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 5 sprigs Mint, leaves only and chiffonade
- 1 Butternut Squash, medium, peeled & diced
- 1 cup Coconut Milk, Thick
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth/ Water, as per the required consistency
- 1 cup Paneer, cut into tiny dices
- 1 Green Peas, handful
- Cumin Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Chilli Powder
- Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi/ Dried Fenugreek Leaves, crushed in the middle of your palm
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 5 sprigs Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Heat a medium skillet, add olive oil.
- Add the roughly chopped garlic.
- Stir in the chopped shallots, carrots, celery and the mint. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the diced butternut squash and a glass of water and cook it by covering it with a lid.
- Puree the cooked mixture.
- Add coconut milk.
- As per the consistency required add vegetable broth/ water.
- Spices like cumin powder, coriander powder and chilli powder to be added at this time.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the boiled green peas and the tiny dices of paneer.
- Add garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves(kasuri methi) and salt to taste.
- Garnish with a streak of coconut milk, cilantro, green peas and paneer. Serve it hot with some home made bread.
- You may also prepare this recipe by adding all the ingredients(except Paneer) mentioned above in a slow cooker for 6hours and roughly blend them using a hand blender. Add Paneer and Cilantro as garnish.