If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick fix lunch sandwich that I make for my husband and myself while the kids are in school and we work from home. I grew up eating many leafy green omelets but not kale. Kale was a new thing for me when I moved to NY thirteen years ago from Israel. You can use spinach instead of kale. —Shelly's Humble Kitchen
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 bunch Dino Kale - chopped finely
- 1/2 Small onion - chopped finely
- Sea salt & pepper
- 4 Slices of sourdough bread
- Drain the kale and chop it finely.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook kale and onion, stirring frequently for 5 - 6 minutes. Add some salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and add them over the kale and the onion, move the skillet in round circles to spread the eggs. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes, then with a spatula, flip the omelet and cook for another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt & pepper on the omelet and divide it to two. Spread two slices of a sourdough bread (or any bread you like) with harissa and mayonnaise or on a plate with harissa on the side and serve.