If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This lightly seasoned chutney is one of my favorite creations. It is lightly spiced with overtones of star anise, cumin and fennel balanced out with a healthy dose of ginger. I personally like to pair this with simple broiled fish, it also probably works well with grilled chicken. I shall let you decide how you want to play and work with this creation. —Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
Makes: 1 cup
teaspoon fennel seeds
teaspoon black mustard seeds
teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
tablespoon freshly grated ginger
plums, stoned and chopped
cup pure maple syrup
- Heat the oil and add in the fennel seeds and the mustard seeds and wait till the mustard begins to pop.
- Add in the star anise, red chili pepper flakes, ginger and the salt and mix well.
- Stir in the red plums and mix well
- Stir in the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add in the maple syrup and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- Poach this for about 15 minutes, you should get a fairly chunky and thick chutney.
- You may remove the star anise before serving if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe