If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in northern Michigan, so we know a thing or two about maple syrup. I feel spoiled to be able to buy local maple syrup. I tried this recipe several years ago when my mother's friend made a similiar version. I substitute the corn syrup with agave, honey is great too. Pour this over ice cream, pancakes, waffles or as my son loves to do, his bacon! —ashleychasesdinner
Makes: about 3 cups
cups White Sugar
cup Light Brown Sugar
tablespoons Agave or Honey
cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Place the white sugar, brown sugar, agave and water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir all ingredients together.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, about 8 to 10 minutes. It will be the consistency of syrup.
- Take off of heat and stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Let cool completely. Store in glass jar(s). Cover and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
More Great Recipes: