If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This eggplant dip is so, so good. Growing up I didn't eat eggplant that much, so as an adult I have been working on yummy eggplant recipes to make up for the lost years.This can be used for an appetizer with grilled pitas or even used as a spread on a sandwich or flatbread. You can omit the yogurt if you want to make this dairy-free...as you will see it is pretty creamy even without the yogurt. The yogurt just adds a hint of that lovely sour creaminess. —we eat. happy.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 graffiti eggplants
- 3-4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the broiler on high, line a baking sheet with foil & drizzle with olive oil. Add eggplant, garlic, scallions, oregano & seasoning onto a single layer on the baking sheet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip (you may want to add more olive oil at this point as the eggplant soaks it up) & cook another 3-4 minutes (until the eggplant is tender & golden).
- Add eggplant, garlic, scallions & lemon juice into the food processor. With the motor going add about a 1/4 c of olive oil & yogurt to the eggplant. When the eggplant is all smooth, scoop into a bowl & taste for seasoning.