If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These luscious bittersweet chocolate puddings are infused with star anise and topped with whipped cream and candied fennel. —Riki Shore
ounces heavy cream
ounces whole milk
tablespoons star anise
ounces bittersweet chocolate
- Combine the cream, milk and star anise in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, cover the pot and allow the mixture to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the cream mixture from step 1 and return the liquid to the same pot.
- Return the heat to medium and add the sugar and egg yolks to the pot. While whisking, bring the mixture to 180 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, this step will take about 5 minutes. The mixture is done when it’s just thick enough to coat the back of your silicone spatula.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the chocolate chunks. Using a clean utensil, whisk to incorporate the chocolate.
- Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, then portion into four small ramekins.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and chill. The pots de creme will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Top with whipped cream and candied fennel just before serving.