If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to think of this warm salad as a treat salad. Although anything involving blue cheese feels like a treat to me. Soft sweet potato with crunchy walnuts and sunflower seeds, tart dried cranberries and a little bit of rich, salty blue cheese hits it out of the park for me. I keep the skins on my potatoes, mostly out of laziness. feel free to peal yours if you wish. —leah.vandeveldt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese such as Roquefort, Gorgonzola, or Stilton
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Place diced sweet potatoes on a baking tray and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, tossing half-way through, until golden and soft. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine sweet potato, nuts, seeds, cranberries and cheese in a bowl. Drizzle on remaining olive oil, vinegar and additional pinch of salt to taste. Toss well to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.