If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a bight-colored dish. This salad was the result of some end-of-the-week fridge rummaging. Everything came together surprisingly well, resulting a vibrant, crunchy, paprika-spiced salad that is as flavorful as it is colorful. —leah.vandeveldt
- 2 ears of corn, corn kernels removed from the cob (or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed)
- 1/2 a head of a red cabbage, shredded very thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- 1 handful of chopped coriander/cilantro
- In a large pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over a medium high heat. Add corn kernels and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until slightly golden, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over a medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in paprika, salt and cayenne.
- Add cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes until the cabbage is just beginning to soften.
- Combine cabbage with corn and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with feta, pepitas and coriander and serve.