Author Notes: Over the past few months I've been sifting through a collection of recipes that were favorites of my husband's great grandmother, Grandma Jacobs. It's been amazing and fascinating to dig through these recipe archives. This recipe is a classic and favorite of many in my primarily Dutch hometown in Iowa. —MadisonMayberry
- 1 recipe your favorite pie crust (for a 9-inch single pie shell)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the unbaked crust. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Bake in a 350 oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the outsides are set and the center is slightly soft and glossy. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a refrigerator and chill completely.
More Great Recipes: Desserts