Author Notes: Delicious corn cakes for any time in the day. Typical Venezuelan fare, with a twist. —GIOVANNI50
- 2 cups Corn from a can, or fresh.
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2 pieces Egg Whites
- 4 tablespoons Masarina
- 1 tablespoon Sugar (turbinado or cane is best)
- 1 tablespoon Butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pound Queso fresco, Mozzarella, or Queso Guayanes from Venezuela
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pour all ingredients -except the cheese- in blender or food processor until a smooth paste develops.
- Heat a pan slightly oiled with some grape seed or similar oil
- Pour enough batter on pan to make a ten inch pancake.
- Flip after about 2 minutes ( do not exceed this mark). Cook for another minute or so.
- Take out of pan, and while hot, place the cheese over the pancake and cover 90% of it, and then fold over to allow for cheese to melt. Enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory