If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to make something hearty and delicious using lamb's quarters. Considering I've never eaten or cooked with it before, I was intrigued. —Without Butter
Whole Wheat Pasta
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Place 2 cups of the whole wheat flour in a mixing bowl or a clean kitchen counter. Create a well in the center.
- Place the eggs, olive oil, and sea salt in the well. Slowly incorporate the flour into the wet ingredients until a nice dough starts to form. If you need to, add some water to the mixture.
- Wrap up your dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into two so it's easier to handle. If you have a pasta maker/roller, roll out the dough to the desired thickness (I usually go to the thinnest setting) and cut into your desired shape.
- If you do not have a pasta maker/roller, you can roll out your dough by hand. It is a workout but well worth it.
- Remember to sprinkle the pasta with the left over whole wheat flour. If you do not, the dough will start sticking together and it will be a mess.
Lamb's Quarters and Sausage (and putting the dish together)
- 2 large sausage links (raw)
- 1 bunch lamb's quarters
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a warm pan, put the olive oil and shallots. Once the shallots are cooked, place the garlic in the pan.
- Take the sausage meat out of it's casing and cook in the pan.
- Once the sausage is cooked, place the washed lamb's quarters in the pan. Make sure to thoroughly wash the lamb's quarters. It is very sandy.
- Bring water to a boil in a separate pot and season with salt. Place half of the whole wheat pasta in the pot. It should take less than 5 minutes to cook the pasta, depending on the thickness.
- Once the 2 batches of pasta are done, place into the pan with sausage and lamb's quarters and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
More Great Recipes: Entrees