Author Notes: Peach, the mother of a summer friend, makes this recipe in the summer. It is best served with fresh from the garden tomatoes. Sometimes even when it isn't summer I will make this recipe and use whatever tomatoes I can get my hands on. This recipe reminds me of summer and the beach. I add fresh tarragon to this as I believe the tarragon vinegar really makes the dressing and the fresh herbs only enhance it! —LizTerry
Makes about a 1/4 c of dressing
- tomatoes cut to bite sized chunks
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow ballpark mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (chopped)
- Combine ingredients of the dressing (leave out the fresh tarragon until ready to serve)
- Add tomatoes to the dressing and allow to "marinate" for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Pull tomatoes from the dressing with a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle with a few pieces of the chopped fresh tarragon and fresh ground pepper. Serve.
- Feel free to reserve the remaining dressing and add more tomatoes at a later date.