Peach, the mother of a summer friend, makes this recipe in the summer. It is best served with fresh from the garden tomatoes. Sometimes even when it isn't summer I will make this recipe and use whatever tomatoes I can get my hands on. This recipe reminds me of summer and the beach. I add fresh tarragon to this as I believe the tarragon vinegar really makes the dressing and the fresh herbs only enhance it! —LizTerry
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Makes about a 1/4 c of dressing
tomatoes cut to bite sized chunks
clove of garlic minced
fresh ground pepper
yellow ballpark mustard
fresh tarragon (chopped)
- Combine ingredients of the dressing (leave out the fresh tarragon until ready to serve)
- Add tomatoes to the dressing and allow to "marinate" for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Pull tomatoes from the dressing with a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle with a few pieces of the chopped fresh tarragon and fresh ground pepper. Serve.
- Feel free to reserve the remaining dressing and add more tomatoes at a later date.