1. Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Shred them onto a sturdy dish towel. Once you have the potatoes shredded, roll up the towel and wring out excess water from the potatoes.
2. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl along with the onions, peppers and celery. Add the eggs and mix everything together. Add the seasonings and sprinkle the flour over the mix. Use a spatula to thoroughly mix everything together.
3. Use your hands to create thin patties. Set them aside.
4. Pour about a Tbsp of the canola oil into a skillet. Once the oil is hot carefully place the patties into the skillet. Fry for approximately three minutes on the first side. Flip and fry for an additional three minutes. Flip once more (for each side) to crisp the pancakes.
5. Drain on a paper towel.
6. Serve with hot syrup (sweet) or butter or gravy (savory)