If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend gave me a half dozen vanilla beans when I was visiting for dinner once. I'd never actually done anything with them, but I always wanted to infuse bourbon with them, so that's what I did. Of course the next thing to do was create a cocktail for it. This is a wonderful after dinner cocktail. —Chris Cote
Vanilla Infused Bourbon
- 1 750 mL bottle of bourbon (try Buffalo Trace)
- 3 vanilla beans
- Simply split open the vanilla beans and drop them into the bottle of bourbon. Wait a couple weeks or longer (taste as the days go by until you find the right balance).
Vanilla Bourbon Shake
- 1 ounce vanilla infused bourbon
- 3/4 ounce dark creme de cacao
- 3/4 ounce Chambord black raspberry liqueur
- 1 ounce light cream or half & half
- 1 pinch cocoa powder or nutmeg (optional)
- Measure liquids into a shaker.
- shake vigorously with ice until your shaker begins to frost up.
- strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- dust with cocoa powder or nutmeg.
More Great Recipes: