If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend gave me a half dozen vanilla beans when I was visiting for dinner once. I'd never actually done anything with them, but I always wanted to infuse bourbon with them, so that's what I did. Of course the next thing to do was create a cocktail for it. This is a wonderful after dinner cocktail. —Chris Cote
Vanilla Infused Bourbon
750 mL bottle of bourbon (try Buffalo Trace)
- Simply split open the vanilla beans and drop them into the bottle of bourbon. Wait a couple weeks or longer (taste as the days go by until you find the right balance).
Vanilla Bourbon Shake
ounce vanilla infused bourbon
ounce dark creme de cacao
ounce Chambord black raspberry liqueur
ounce light cream or half & half
pinch cocoa powder or nutmeg (optional)
- Measure liquids into a shaker.
- shake vigorously with ice until your shaker begins to frost up.
- strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- dust with cocoa powder or nutmeg.
More Great Recipes: