If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you want to make a vegetarian version, skip the tuna and add some sheep's milk feta. Much of this salad can be made ahead and assembled right before you eat.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit —Pinch&Swirl
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup salt packed capers, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot (small), chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or more, I like tangy dressing)
For the salad:
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 pound asparagus, woody stems trimmed
- 4 cups pea shoots (use 6-8 ounces spring greens if you can't find pea shoots)
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and quartered
- 10-12 ounces good quality tuna, drained
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender except for the olive oil; puree. With blender running, slowly add olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (you can make this a day ahead and refrigerate)
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and add water to cover by 1-inch, sprinkle with salt. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a 13" x 9" baking dish halfway with ice water. Cook asparagus in a large skillet of boiling, salted water for about 4 minutes. Transfer asparagus to ice water to cool. Drain asparagus and pat dry. Dry baking dish with clean dish towel. Transfer asparagus and reserved potatoes to the dish. Add 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and gently toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, add radishes and pea shoots. Toss with just enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Spread radishes and pea shoots on 1 large platter or 4 individual plates. Arrange potatoes, asparagus, eggs, and tuna on greens. Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette. Serve.