Author Notes: I made this incredibly simple and rich tasting pasta, from the wild garlic that has been growing naturally in our backyard. —Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
cup dry pasta
Water and salt for cooking pasta
cup chopped green garlic (whites and green separated)
lime, halved and zested
green chilies, minced
Extra salt to taste
In This Recipe
- Prepare the pasta with salt and water according to the directions on the package. Set aside to drain in a colander.
- Heat the olive oil and add in the minced garlic whites and cook for 3-4 minutes until the garlic is a pale golden color.
- Add in the garlic greens and cook till they wilt.
- In a separate pan, heat the butter on low heat until it melts and turns into a pale golden brown shade.
- Squeeze in the juice of the lime.
- Working quickly, add in the pasta, lime zest and the salt and green chilies and mix well.
- Mixed in the garlic and oil and the nuts and toss well.
- Serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums