Author Notes: Let's be clear: This pizza is assembled from store-bought ingredients. If you'd like to make your own spelt crust and red pepper pesto, it will be amazing. The spelt dough I buy weighs about a pound and generally yields two thin pizzas, so it would be easy to double. —Shalini
Makes: 1 9 by 13 inch thin crust pizza
pound spelt pizza dough
bunch ramps or wild leeks
pound soft chèvre
cup red (bell) pepper pesto
garlic-infused olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- First roll out the spelt pizza dough. Do this right on your pizza stone or (lightly oiled) baking sheet, if you can.
- Rinse off and slice the wild leeks into four or five pieces.
- Spread the red pepper pesto evenly over the pizza dough
- Crumble your chèvre over top.
- Drizzle with the garlic-infiused olive oil.
- Put the pizza in the oven for 10-12 minutes and sprinkle with black pepper if you like when it comes out. Cut into squares and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums