If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Let's be clear: This pizza is assembled from store-bought ingredients. If you'd like to make your own spelt crust and red pepper pesto, it will be amazing. The spelt dough I buy weighs about a pound and generally yields two thin pizzas, so it would be easy to double. —Shalini
Makes 1 9 by 13 inch thin crust pizza
- 1/2 pound spelt pizza dough
- 1 bunch ramps or wild leeks
- 1 pound soft chèvre
- 1/4 cup red (bell) pepper pesto
- 1 drizzle garlic-infused olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- First roll out the spelt pizza dough. Do this right on your pizza stone or (lightly oiled) baking sheet, if you can.
- Rinse off and slice the wild leeks into four or five pieces.
- Spread the red pepper pesto evenly over the pizza dough
- Crumble your chèvre over top.
- Drizzle with the garlic-infiused olive oil.
- Put the pizza in the oven for 10-12 minutes and sprinkle with black pepper if you like when it comes out. Cut into squares and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums