If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was a delicious experiment based on color. the flavor combinations turned out fantastic..combining the best of what spring has to offer. Loaded with proteins & taste.
Makes: ~ 4 cups
cup Fresh Green Garbanzo
cup boiled tender peanuts (You'll need a lot of goobers to get 1 cup)
cup finely diced Persian cucumbers (or english hothouse)
Red globe grapes
Juice of 1/2 a lime
pinch Ancho chile powder
tablespoons Chaat Masala (Available in Indian Grocery stores)
leaves thai basil chut into a fine chiffonade + a couple of extra leaves for garnishing
- Boil the peanuts in the shell in adequate water that has been generously salted. Remove the peanuts from the brine, rinse in cold water to cool down & shell the peanuts to get 1 cup of the gorgeous pink cooked peanuts.
- Steam the green garbanzo until they're barely soft. Cool & add to the peanuts.
- Quarter the large globe grapes & remove the seeds, dice and add to the legumes along with the cucumbers.
- Drizzle with the lime juice, Ancho chile powder, chaat masala, basil chiffonade and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust for salt via the chaat masala (the peanuts are already salted, so you'll need to take that into account).
- Garnish with a sprig of basil & serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad