If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light, easy, clean dish perfect for a snack, side or even a main. —Michael Dergo
- 1 pound Course ground chicken breast
- 1 Medium sized Yellow Onion - Diced
- 8 Diced Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Basil - Diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flake
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel Seed
- 4 ounces Pinot Grigio
Peppers & Mozz
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- - Lightly coat 10-12 inch skillett with olive oil and warm over light medium heat - Add dry herbs and garlic / stir and let warm for appoximately 3 minutes - Add onion - stir and let warm for approximately 5 minutes (do not burn the garlic or onions) - Turn heat to high and add the wine / let go for approximately 3 minutes - Add ground chicken / leave heat on high - Cook chicken thoroughly / allow to reduce enough to obtain some browning on the chicken then remove from heat and allow to sit while prepping peppers and mozzarella
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees - Cut peppers in half length-wise / remove seeds and smooth out the inside (do not need to remove all insides veins - Slice Fresh Mozzarella into 6 1/4 inch slices
- - Massage the Peppers with Olive Oil and pack them with chicken stuffing - Place slice of Mozzarella over each stuffed Pepper - Place into one inch tall baking dish - Place into oven for 10 minutes - Remove dish and cover - Reduce heat to 300 degrees and let bake for 30 minutes - Remove - sprinkle with dried Oregano and Enjoy