If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to think of beans as the perfect food. One humble cup is veritably packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Add mangoes and some avocado with all their antioxidants, and you've created a beautiful bowl of perfection that positively glows.
Serve this salad by itself, or as a dip with slices of jicama. Add spoonfuls to some shredded red cabbage and wrap it all up in a whole grain tortilla for a lovely Meatless Monday lunch. You can even spoon it over a pile of gently scrambled eggs for a divine breakfast. —boulangere
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 big fat red-ish mangos, peeled, fruit removed, 1/2" dice
- 1 large avocado, 1/2 " dice
- 2 medium or 3 small tomatillos, 1/2" dice
- 1/2 red onion, 1/4" dice
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Grinds of black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and stems, roughly chopped
- Cholula, or your favorite hot sauce, to taste
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Combine mangos, black beans, avocado, tomatillos, and red onion in a salad bowl. Toss gently to blend.
- Add lime zest and juice,salt, pepper, olive oil, and cilantro leaves in a blender, food processor, or mini-chop. Process to blend. Season to taste with hot sauce. Adjust other seasonings as necessary. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to blend. Let salad sit for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Taste again and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve on chilled plates. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes