If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was first inspired by The Tante Marie Cooking School Cookbook. The addition of candied walnuts and blue cheese are two components I like in other salads I've had at restaurants. I decided to poach the persimmon in a ginger simple syrup when I realized it was too astringent for my taste. The pomegranate salad dressing was inspired by all those little tasty jewels I so meticulously picked out without getting my white t-shirt stained :) —nieceboo
- 4 handfuls Spring Mix
- 1 apple pear thinly sliced
- 1 persimmon (fuyu)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup Maytag blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pomegranate vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup spiced candied walnuts
Candied Walnuts and pomegranate vinaigrette
- 1 cup blanched walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- Make candied walnuts first. Mix 2T sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne in a bowl and set aside. In a saute pan, heat brown sugar and water until sugar is dissolved and begins to thicken.
- Add blanched walnuts and half of the spice mixture and toss in pan until coated. Spread on a sheet pan and sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- Prepare pomegranate vinaigrette. In a blender, combine 1/4 c of pomegranate seeds, raspberry vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, and agave nectar. Blend.
- Slowly add vegetable oil in a steady stream until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skin from the persimmon. Slice about 3/4 inch thick and lightly poach in simple syrup (1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c water, 2T ginger) until softened. Drain and cool. You can skip this step and just used raw, sliced persimmons.
- In a bowl toss springs mix and pomegranate vinaigrette, persimmons, apple pears, and remaining pomegranate seeds. Top with spiced candied walnuts, and blue cheese.