If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i played around with all the flavors i like and since i'm a fanatic soup lover, decided to put them all in one pot. my husband, who is an adamant asparagus despiser, loved this. the ingredients are flexible and you can adjust the amount for each vegetable to your liking. it also works well as a chilled soup in the summer but then i usually pass it through a fine sieve. for a lunch i like to serve it with grilled ciabatta. —koechin
Makes a family size pot
- 1 big fist size celariac peeled and sliced 1/4 in
- 3 cups thinly sliced leek (white and pale green only)
- 1 pound thick asparagus, bottoms trimmed, cut in 1 in. pieces
- 1 clove a garlic sliced
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- homemade chicken stock to cover veg by an inch
- salt and finely ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sweat leek and garlic in oil/butter for fine minutes on low heat
- add remaining ingredients, bring to boil, cover and simmer on low 15 to 20
- run through food processor or puree with immersion blender til very smooth
tarragon creme fraiche
- 1 cup creme fraich
- 1 tablespoon finely minced trarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (mayer if possible)
- 1/4 teaspoon microplaned lemon zest
- stir well and serve one dollop with each bowl of soup