If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Living in Turkey I definitely do not need to make my own lokum:) Though, for me it was kind of a challenge. Actually, I thought preparation was much more difficult. Since I have chocolate addicts in the family their choice was evident. Chocolate Turkish delight! Who doesn't like pistachio-chocolate combination? With addition of rose water! I recently saw something like this in the shop by the way....so I decided to make at home similar one. Based on this recipe. —Olgalina
Makes a lot
- 2+1/2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup powder gelatine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 1 cup vanilla powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rose water+ bourbon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2,8 ounces bitter chocolate
- cocoa powder+ espresso powder for dusting
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water. Add 2 cups sugar and heat on low until thickens a bit. Set aside, sift corn flour, add powdered vanilla sugar and chopped chocolate. Heat again stirring all the way. Do not boil.
- Take from fire, pour rose water, lemon juice, nuts and bourbon vanilla. Grease 24x24cm (brownie) baking form and line with baking paper (overhanging). Pour prepared mixture into this form, let it cool and refrigerate until firm.
- Using hot knife cut lokum into desired squares, dust in cocoa-espresso powder. Perfect lokum to accompany your cup of coffee is ready!:)