If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is easy and can be served for any meal of the day. It is a great brunch idea, served with fresh fruit or Mimosa's! —KettlerCuisine
- pie crust (not baked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups fresh zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup dry packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- fresh mozzarella ball, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and partially blind-bake (see note above) the pie crust for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. No need to wait for the crust to cool for this recipe.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion for about 3 minutes, or until softened. Add in the zucchini and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Don't cook the zucchini all the way, just until slightly softened. Remove the zucchini mixture from the heat and stir in the herbs, salt, pepper and sun dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and stir in the shredded cheese. Add in the zucchini mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture into the ready pie crust and top with fresh mozzarella slices (or more shredded cheese if fresh is not available).
- Bake the pie at 375F for 20-25 minutes, or until the pie is set in the middle and slightly browned on top. Remove the pie from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.