If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cole slaw features Indian spice and a little kick of heat. I whisk the "dressing" in the bottom of a big bowl and then just add the veggies on top and stir it up. Every time I make it I like it just as much. Hope you do, too! —Deborah Brown
- 1/2 cup mayonaise (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1.5 tablespoons ground fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (more or less according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup head red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 or 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Place first 10 ingredients in the bottom of a large mixing bowl and whisk till blended. Add all the veggies and the cilantro and stir to combine. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top and serve.