If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the first Jamie Oliver recipes I ever tried was his fennel and radish salad with lemon dressing. As much as I enjoyed the salad, I needed to modify the recipe to include more of the summer radishes I love & my favorite go-to dressing. —joella.ashley
- 1 pound Radishes (I use french breakfast radishes)
- 2 pounds Fennel
- 1 tablespoon Whole grain mustard with Guinness stout
- 3 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slide the radishes using a mandolin & add to a bowl of ice water.
- Trim the top and bottom of the fennel bulbs. Remove and discard any tough outer layers. Reserve fronds. Slice the bulb using a mandolin. Add the sliced fennel to the bowl of ice water and let stand for 15 minutes, or until very crisp. Drain.
- Wisk together mustard, vinegar and olive oil until combined. Taste & add salt and pepper as needed.
- Drizzle dressing over radishes & fennel and toss to coat.
- Add chopped fennel fronds, additional fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Let stand for 5 minutes & toss one additional time just before serving.