Author Notes: I came to this slaw out of a necessity to get rid of a food mountain created by several overly generous CSA boxes last fall. I first used these ingredients on top of a pork chop sauteed in butter (minus the dressing, of course). Still looking to reinvent these same ingredients it hit me they would make a decent slaw. And when I was done it looked like Christmas. —Summer of Eggplant
- 6-8 Hailstone radishes or other white radishes cut into matchsticks (about 1 cup)
- 1 Apple cut into matchsticks, about 1 cup
- 1/2 a red jalapeno, minced, about 1 tablespoon
- 2.5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- Combine the sliced radishes and the apple in a bowl.
- Combine the mayo, lemon juice and vinegar, stir to combine.
- Toss the slaw with the dressing. Add in celery seed sat and pepper.
- Toss with the pepper and cilantro reserving some to sprinkle on top. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips