If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious pear muffin with the bright flavor of crystallized ginger and freshly grated nutmeg, while it happens to be gluten free and healthy/nourishing. —Sarah Wadsworth
- 2 cups Gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup fresh ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt or kefir
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or rice or soy or hemp milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups pears, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger
- *Optional icing: 2c powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg, adding ‘milk’ until pourable consistency. Pour over muffins once cool. **Make your own gluten free flour mix with 1c. rice flour + 2/3c. tapioca starch flour + 1/3 c. cornstarch Preheat oven to 350degrees F (180degrees C) and line muffin tins so it is ready to go.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (except sugar). In a medium bowl, whisk vanilla, oil, kefir/yogurt, eggs, sugar, and ‘milk’. Add to dry ingreds and give a good stir. Fold in pears and ginger. Fill muffin pans (should fill all 12). Bake for 25-30 mins. Once cool, top with optional icing. Makes 12 large, bakery style muffins. Read more from Seasonal Alchemist: http://www.seasonalalchemist.com/#ixzz1vkMLkGrp