If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As the calendar round its way around to the Summer solstice, porches and yards are filling up with the sounds of people coming outdoors to enjoy a breeze and some food. Most everyone will be doing some kind of hosting this summer (especially with the Olympics right around the corner) and this recipe is a crowd pleaser – who doesn’t love pizza? –that fits the season.
Grab your pizza stone and whip one up to take to the next party to which you are invited, and guests will be wishing you'd brought a couple more! Better yet, take one of the original recipe and a few others made according to the variations, listed below the recipe.
The sauce and the dough can be prepared up to a day in advance and assembled right before mealtime. If you'll be traveling, just take the crust, filling and toppings with and put it together when you arrive at your destination so that the filling doesn't get too soft or the toppings fall off.
Serves 4 people as main dish
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oliver oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups flour
Sauce & Toppings
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup red, yellow, and green bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit while mixing the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and flour in a large mixing bowl. Gradually stir yeast mixture into the other ingredients and mix well. Place on floured surface and knead for five minutes or until smooth and no longer sticky. Roll out the dough and place it on a pizza stone. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- While the crust is baking, make the sauce by stirring together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix. You can prepare the filling up to a day in advance in order to let the flavors blend together and save time in preparing the pizza.
- Wash and dry the vegetables. Cut them into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Once pizza crust is fully cooled, spread sauce over the entire crust. Top with vegetables and cheese. Keep refrigerated until serving time. Cut into slices or squares.