If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe from scratch and I get Raves from everyone I've given it to
THIS IS MY ORIGINAL RECIPE AND HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED ANYWHERE —Radiochief
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Whiole HEAD of Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme crushed
- 1-2 Loaves French Bread / sliced 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces Combination Shredded Mozzerella/Provalone Cheese
- Mince a whole Head of Garlic. Simmer the Garlic and crushed Thyme in the Oil, until the Garlic just starts to turn light brown. Remove from the fire, this is now Called Garlic OIL This will produce enough Garlic Oil for 2 batches, it stores well in the fridge.
- Pre heat Oven to 350 degrees Slice the Bread on the bias, about 1 inch thick and place on a i/2 sheet cookie sheet. Place the sheet in the oven for approx. 3-4 minutes and then test with a finger, just to feel slight crispy, Remove sheet from oven and turn over the bread slices and then returrn the sheet to the oven for approx 2-3 min., remove the brfead from the oven, Brush, generously the Garlic oil on the breads. Sprinkle on the Shredded combination cheese and place the sheet of sliced bread under the Broiler for about 1 + 1/2 min, being careful not to burn the bread, but a slight edge browning is OK Remove from the broiler cool and serve
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins