If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever son Matt comes into town we make seafood pasta because it's one of his favorite meals. He likes it creamy.... we like it tomatoey. Last night we compromised and made one with tomato and cream (well actually half and half). We all decided that this was one of the better ones. —inpatskitchen
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 to 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 roma tomatoes which have been peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons instant flour (Wondra)
- 4 cups clam juice or shrimp stock or a combination
- 1 cup half and half ( or light cream)
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp (I used 31-40 size)
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, cut in half horizontally if extremely large
- 1 cup minced fresh herbs (basil, oregano and parsley)
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguini
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving(optional)
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter and oil, add the onion and garlic and saute until the mixture softens and becomes very fragrant.
- Add the salt, pepper and diced tomatoes. Whisk in the instant flour a tablespoon at a time while on the heat. Add the wine and then simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the clam juice(or combination of juice and shrimp stock), bring up to a simmer and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While the mixture is simmering, cook your pasta per package instructions.
- After the tomato mixture simmers, stir in the cream and add the shrimp and scallops. Bring up to a simmer again and then simmer for about 2 or 3 minutes until the seafood is just cooked. Stir in the fresh herbs and serve the sauce over the cooked pasta, garnished with the parmesan if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish