Author Notes: A touch of bacon makes this lightened up version of alfredo so tasty, you won't miss the butter! —ChrisandAmy
pound spinach fettuccine
pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
garlic clove, minced
tablespoon all-purpose flour
tablespoon each, kosher salt and black pepper
cup fat free milk
Pinch ground nutmeg
cup grated Parmesan cheese
In This Recipe
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, cook the bacon and remove it, leaving the drippings in the pan on medium-high heat
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and cook until the shrimp is pink, 2-3 minutes
- Take the shrimp and garlic out and set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the flour to the pan and season it with the salt and pepper.
- Stir it over the heat for 30 seconds, then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Put in the pinch of nutmeg and cook the milk about four minutes, stirring often, until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- To serve, toss the pasta, shrimp and milk mixture together with the bacon crumbled on top.