If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wonderful cream, pea and asparagus sauce over gnocchi topped with asparagus spears. —Sneaky Lemon
- 2 splashes Dry White Wine
- 250 milliliters Double Cream
- 2 handfuls Garden Peas
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 2 handfuls Gnocchi
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 pinches Pepper
- Heat up a large frying pan or griddle pan to a medium to high heat and pop in the asparagus (don't use any oil). Cook turning occasionally until tender.
- Meanwhile in another small pan heat up the wine and peas.
- When the wine starts to boil add the cream and turn the heat so that it is just simmering. Leave the sauce to reduce, but stir regularly.
- When the asparagus is done cut about an inch off the end (the non tip end) and slice it reasonably finely. Add the sliced asparagus into the cream sauce along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- The cream should take about 10 minutes to thicken, when its nearly done put the gnocchi on to boil. If fresh, this should only take about 3 minutes. (The gnocchi is done when it floats to the top of the water.)
- When everything is done, assemble: gnocchi - sauce - asparagus tips, and enjoy.