Author Notes: So far, I've served this salsa with halibut, swordfish and tuna, but I suspect chicken and pork would also marry happily, or chips. It tastes better after the ingredients have spent some time together, so feel free to bring it along to a BBQ, a picnic or camping. —Cristina Sciarra
Makes: 1 large bowlful
1 small red onion, minced
juice of one lime
¼ pineapple, minced
1 14-ounce can black beans
1 large, ripe avocado
sea salt, pepper
- Mince the onion, and toss it into a large bowl. Juice the lime, and stir both juice and pulp into the onion.
- Separate ¼ of a pineapple, and mince. Rinse the beans. Add both the pineapple and the beans to the bowl.
- Dice the avocado, and add it to the bowl.
- Stir all the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados