Author Notes: Oven roasted Cauliflower with curry has been a staple in my kitchen. Wanting the dish without using the oven was the motivation for this recipe. So satisfying it could be a meal in itself. —Dearinger
- 1 large head Cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- pinches salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup yogurt
- Heat a saute pan while preparing vegetables so it's hot before adding ingredients.
- Break up cauliflower into small heads. Slice red onion into wedges.
- Add olive oil to the pan over medium high heat before adding vegetables.
- Add onion and cauliflower to the pan and toss to coat with olive oil. Add curry powder, salt and pepper and stir to evenly coat.
- When onion starts to brown, reduce heat to med/low and cover until cauliflower softens. Test with a fork or toothpick. Place cauliflower mixture in a bowl and cover to keep warm
- Turn off heat and deglaze the pan with the yogurt. I use goat milk yogurt. Scrape all the bits until well blended then pour over the cauliflower. It makes a beautifully rich sauce.