Author Notes: This sandwich is based on a a dish from a Washington DC restaurant, Cork. They serve a piece of grilled bread topped with avocado, pistachios, toasted pistachio oil, and sea salt. It was inventive, and yet so simple. And so good!
I decided to recreate the dish at home with a few of my own twists.
—Olga of Mango & Tomato
- 1 Kaiser roll
- 7-10 arugula leaves
- drizzle olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 5-10 pistachios, shells removed, toasted and chopped
- Cut Kaiser roll in half and toast. Dress arugula with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, mash avocado. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocado on one half of the Kaiser roll, top with arugula and chopped pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados