If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sandwich is based on a a dish from a Washington DC restaurant, Cork. They serve a piece of grilled bread topped with avocado, pistachios, toasted pistachio oil, and sea salt. It was inventive, and yet so simple. And so good!
I decided to recreate the dish at home with a few of my own twists.
—Olga of Mango & Tomato
- 1 Kaiser roll
- 7-10 arugula leaves
- drizzle olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 5-10 pistachios, shells removed, toasted and chopped
- Cut Kaiser roll in half and toast. Dress arugula with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, mash avocado. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocado on one half of the Kaiser roll, top with arugula and chopped pistachios.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
More Great Recipes: