If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the salad I always make in late spring when when all of these ingredients are in season and I serve it with grilled Wild Alaskan Copper River Salmon that is also just coming online. The idea is simple: pair avocado with a sweet, juicy fruit, and cucumber, toss with lime juice and a sweet herb like basil, mint, or cilantro. For mango you can substitute (or add to it, if you want, though I think less is more here) pineapple, orange, watermelon, or cantaloupe--I've tried them all and love them all. Serve with fish or over a green salad of tender arugula tossed lightly with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. —TaoistCowgirl
handful Thai basil leaves
pinch sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber and cut in 1/2 inch dice. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the mango and avocados in 1/2 inch dice and add those to the bowl with the cucumber.
- Juice the limes and add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Shred the Thai basil finely and add that to the other ingredients.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and toss everything together. Check seasoning and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados