If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe adapted from Gwyneth Paltrow's "My Father's Daughter," is one of my absolute favorites. It is a total comfort food & the small amount of blue cheese is a perfect richness to the creamy avocado. So EASY, but feels so special. —we eat. happy.
For the salad
- 3-4 cups greens or spring mix
- 1 vine ripened tomato, sliced in wedges
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 slices of organic turkey bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- cracked pepper to taste
For the Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- a pinch of sea salt
- Put all the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar & shake until combined.
- For the salad, add all the ingredients in a large bowl or on a platter & toss together. Serve with the blue cheese vinaigrette.
More Great Recipes: Salads