If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe to enjoy avocado in its simplest form, but with a little kick. The chile gives it a touch of heat, while the orangette dressing imparts a sweet-tart zip. —MizChef
- 3 ripe Haas avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 small dried chile, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, chile, olive oil, ½ tablespoon of the zest, salt, and pepper.
- 2/ Peel avocado and cut into thin slices (but not so thin that they fall apart). Arrange them on a servings platter and drizzle the dressing over the top. Taste a piece and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Sprinkle the remaining zest around the edges of the plate.