If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This bombe is super easy to make but looks like there was some element of magic involved in putting it together. But there isn't! Try Dijon mustard in place of the grain mustard, or go nuts and use chopped fresh herbs, lemon zest, pesto, or even some crumbled bacon. —vvvanessa
Serves 2-4 as an hors d'oeuvre
- 1 ripe but firm avocado
- 2 ounces chèvre/soft goat cheese left at room temperature for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon grain mustard
- lemon juice
- piment d'esplette or pimentón (dulce or picante)
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Thoroughly combine the chèvre, mustard, and a small squeeze of lemon juice. Pack the mixture into the craters in each avocado half and smooth the surface.
- Place the halves cut-side down on a plate and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the avocado from the refrigerator and slice each half into halves or quarters, wiping the blade of the knife between cuts. Carefully peel away the skins and discard. Place the avocado wedges on a plate and sprinkle with piment d'esplette. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados