Author Notes: This is so simple I hardly call it a recipe. Yet it is one of my Summer staples when I am making tasty, healthy ,quick Summer salads. Avocados are such a perfect fruit that I hate to do much to disguise their creamy, nutty flavor and this dressing stays true to that premise. I usually use Hass avocados ,the dark pebbly looking ones that have the best flavor(in my opinion). —dymnyno
Makes: enough for a salad
Large, very ripe Hass avocado
Juice of one lemon
Fresh ground pepper
- Peel one very ripe avocado and mash it , using hands, fork or whatever to make a avocado paste.
- Squeeze one whole lemon into the avocado paste and blend it into the paste until smooth.
- Drizzle about two tablespoons of fresh fruity olive oil into the paste and blend the ingredients into a dressing. (be sure to use the freshest olive oil that you can find,ie, domestic). Grind a little fresh black pepper to taste.
- I use this as a dressing on salads that may include sliced avocados, tomatoes, red onions or scallions, cucumbers, and even cooked shrimp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados