If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is quite flexible. You can add or change different grains and vegetables as well as different varieties of cheeses. —jessie schupack
- 2 cups Trader Joes Harvest Grain (combo of Israeli Couscous, Orzo, Baby Garbanzo Beans and Red Quinoa) *you could also use barley or any other grain you prefer
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 4 sprigs scallions
- 2 lemons
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roasted Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Slice tomatoes in half crosswise and place them on sheet pan or backing dish. Drizzle them with olive oil and dust with salt and pepper. Put them in oven for 2 hours.
- Corn: Boil a pot of water. Put the ears of corn in the water for five minutes and remove. Slice the corn down the side and remove the kernels.
- Almonds: If you have whole almonds, slice them as thinly as possible. Put a pan on the stove and add dry almonds. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until a light brown color. Make sure you shake pan while cooking to avoid burning.
- Grain: Boil a pot of water. Add the harvest grains to the water and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from water and drain. Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir. Put in the refrigerator to cool down.
- Combine: Add the cooked tomatoes, corn, mint, parsley, almonds, feta, scallions to the grains and stir. If the grains are sticking together add a bit more olive oil. Slice two lemons in half and squeeze onto salad. Stir and salt and pepper to taste.